All of these suggestions are set around helping you find routine and rhythm in your day to be more productive and feel less disoriented.
- Go to bed and get up at the normal time. Shower and put on real clothes every day. (Both of these things help trigger your brain for normal accomplishments)
- Create a workspace and do your work from there. Find a place other than the kitchen table to avoid distractions and interruptions. Put a sign on the door if you have to. (This designated space also helps tell your brain this is the place where you are productive)
- If you have kids or other family members working from home, set up clear boundaries and expectations for yourself and for them.
- Set three work goals for the day. Do these first! (Crossing things off a list can help you stay motivated)
- Make a schedule but be sure to add breaks. Work hard for at least 90 minutes and then take a break and get some sun for a few minutes.
- Take a day off!!!
- Find something to stretch your mind: Podcast, Scripture, Exercise, Music…